GTCO / Oce / Ideal
Source Graphics is a Gtco/Oce/Ideal Certified Service Provider specializing in wide format scanning solutions for the CAD, Graphics and GIS industry.
We sell, service and integrate Gtco/Oce/Ideal Color wide format solutions.
In addition as a Gtco/Oce/Ideal Integrator we have a dedicated Gtco/Oce/Ideal Certified and trained Application Engineer (A/E) on staff to assist clients with software applications and network troubleshooting issues that can arise from time to time in the wide format scanning environment. Source Graphics is one of a select few companies in Southern California that have a dedicated Application Engineer (A/E) on staff.
The best overall value in protecting your Gtco/Oce/Ideal Scanning System. Source Graphics recommends that you protect your investment in your Gtco/Oce/Ideal Systems (s) by having it under continuous service and maintenance. Typically new systems comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. Once the warranty expires however users are taking a chance on what and when something might break and need repair. Trying to find a Gtco/Oce/Ideal Service Provider when your system is down is the not the best approach. We recommend that users have maintenance agreements on their Gtco/Oce/Ideal Scanning Systems, so that they don't have unplanned expenses and the systems are continuously covered for optimum performance.
How can I buy service for my GTCO/Oce/Ideal scanner?
Call your Source Graphics Account Manager and ask to purchase a On site Service Agreement. You can validate your agreement on-line, by mail or by fax. For additional information contact us at 800-791-9042.
What response time can I expect when I need service on a Gtco/Oce/Ideal covered by a Service Agreement?
Next day response is standard for most North American customers. Response times are determined by the distance of the customer's location from the nearest service location (0 - 75 miles/0 - 21 Km = next business day; 76 - 150 miles/122 - 241 Km = second business day; 151+ miles/242 Km = third business day).
Why do I need coverage for my Gtco/Oce/Ideal?
- To protect your hardware investment
- Least expensive service option over life of scanner
- Security: the peace of mind of not having any unexpected repair costs
- It is far more complicated (and expensive) to repair large format color scanner than desktop models
Why should I buy a Service Agreement at the time I purchase my new scanner rather than wait until my warranty ends?
- Advance purchase saves money - 10% to 15% depending on the model type.
- "New scanner" agreement pricing is available for a limited time only.
- If you forget to purchase a Service Agreement before your current coverage expires, an unexpected, expensive, and inconvenient "time and material" repair might be necessary.
Is there an advantage to purchasing a multi-year agreement?
- SAVINGS - up to 20% annualized!
- Protection against future price increases.
- Eliminates the administrative hassle - and "need to remember" - of renewing.
- Long-term insurance against the unexpected.
Are there any restrictions on when, during the scanners life, I can purchase service?
Yes. If the scanner is not under an original product warranty or covered by a Service Agreement, it must be in good working order prior to being covered by a Service Agreement. That's why it's important to buy an agreement at the time of product purchase rather than waiting for failure.
If however, you don't have a service agreement and the scanner is in need of service, we can still assist you, since we serve many clients who are out of warranty and need maintenance on their printer.
Who actually services the scanner?
Source Graphics service technicians service your Gtco/Oce/Ideal. They are factory certified and trained by Gtco/Oce/Ideal in Maryland to repair and maintain such systems.
If I don't have a contract how can I get service? What is the cost?
If you do not have a Source Graphics Service Agreement you will need a billable service call also known as a time and materials call: This typically consists of
- Labor: current rate/hr - 2 hour minimum
- Travel: depending on zone.
- Parts: dependent on what part needs to be replaced.
- Response Time: best effort, but always prioritized behind warranty and Service Agreement customers.
What is covered by my Service Agreement?
- Covered - all parts, labor, and travel.
- Not Covered - routine user maintenance (see operator manual), Customer Replaceable Consumables (CRC's), and customer abuse or blatant misuse. Service Agreement Terms and Conditions can be reviewed on our web site : Sourcegraphics.com/HP/service "Services".
How do I get service when I need it?
Call us at 800-791-9042 and ask to speak with a Gtco/Oce/Ideal tech support person. Our specialists may be able to solve your problem immediately over the phone and restore you to full productivity. If not, they can dispatch a Gtco/Oce/Ideal certified technician, who will then call you to confirm an arrival time. Please note that phone tech support is available to contract customers as a norm.
Installation and Training
We typically offer installation and training at time of purchase for our customers. From time to time however, corporate departments might move their current scanners to new locations. Should de-installation, move and re-installation with training be required for such users, we offer the needed service.
Installation Overview - U.S.
Customer Responsibilities - Pre-Installation
- Move product to the site where it is to be installed.
- Have necessary cables available. Installation may require USB, Centronics, Ethernet or other cabling that is not included with the product.
- Verify site meets the product's electrical and environmental requirements.
- Arrange for system administrator and key equipment operator to be present.
Source Graphics Responsibilities - Installation
- Unbox the product and locate per customer directions.
- Connect power and communication cables to complete product setup.
- Assist with the installation of the product software and drivers on 2 networked computers (PC and Macintosh only).
- Verify that the product works properly with computer and drivers.
- Provide up to 3 hours of training for designated operator, including:
- User training (usage, care and troubleshooting tips)
- Suggestions on the use of media types
- Familiarization with Customer Replaceable Consumables and installation requirements
Installation does not include:
- Transporting the product from customer loading dock or other location.
- Discarding of any packaging material.
- Installation/configuration of network software and/or network server setup.
Time and Material
Out of warranty and without an agreement? You can still get factory-authorized service direct from Source Graphics. Depending on the product, have a technician respond to the problem on-site, or simply bring your scanner to our depot repair facility
Yet another option that we offer our customers is the ability to have the large format scanner picked up and brought to our depot repair facility and then subsequently returned after the customer approved repair has been performed. There is an additional charge for the pick up and delivery, but for some customers this has proven to be a effective and convenient way of getting service. To get started call us at 800-791-9042 and ask to speak to a Customer Support Representative.
1530 N Harmony Circle
Anaheim, CA 92807
Toll Free: 800-611-9457