The Latest SLA Printing Technology
Flawless prints, every time.
- LFS (Low Force Stereolithography) 3D printing balances detail and speed.
- The optical system maintains a precise, dense laser spot to ensure accurate, repeatable prints.
- Easy clean-up and smoother parts with tear-away light-touch supports.
- Integrated sensors monitor and maintain ideal conditions for consistent performance over time.
- Switch between materials in seconds with a simple cartridge system.
- User-replaceable components and foolproof design maximize uptime.
Grows with your business.
- Meet demand, now and forever. Easily transition from one to many with systems that scale.
- Don’t wait. Print from anywhere as soon as you have files with Remote Print.
- Works well with teams. Monitor and manage prints and teams with PreForm and Dashboard. Track individual usage and adjust the print queue when you need to prioritize.
Low Force Stereolithography (LFS) printing uses linear illumination and a flexible tank to turn liquid resin into flawless prints. This advanced form of stereolithography drastically reduces peel forces to provide groundbreaking print quality and printer reliability.
The Form 3 constantly monitors print performance so you can focus on bringing your most creative ideas to life. Integrated sensors hep maintain ideal print conditions and send you alerts about the state of your machine.
ONE PLATFORM, 20+ MATERIALS
Switch seamlessly between a library of general purpose and specialty resins. Switch between materials in seconds with a cross-compatible cartridge system.
GROW WITH YOUR BUSINESS
Start with one 3D printer or many, and add capacity as demand grows. Get helpful, human service when you need it from a Formlabs expert.
The custom-designed Light Processing Unit (LPU) inside the printer uses a compact system of lenses and mirrors to deliver accurate, repeatable prints. The high-power-density laser is passed through a spatial filter to guarantee a clean laser spot.
Materials Supported: Formlabs Resins, Third-Party resins
Print Technology: Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)
Resin Fill System: Automated
1 Light Processing Unit
EN 60825-1:2007 certified Class 1 Laser Product
405 nm wavelength
250 mW power
85 micron (0.0033 in) laser spot
Build Volume: 14.5 x 14.5 x 18.5 cm [5.7 x 5.7 x 7.3 in]
Layer Thickness: 25-300 microns
Minimum layer thickness dependent on resin type
Connectivity: WiFi, Ethernet, USB 2.0
Printer Control: 5.5" 1280 x 720 touchscreen
Dashboard Printer Management Features:
Manage prints and printers via the cloud
Track resin and tank usage over time
SMS and email alerts
Create enterprise group accounts with admins to more easily share printers and control access
Support / Warranty
Warranty: One-year manufacturer's warranty
Operating Temperature: Auto-heats to 35 C [95 F]
Dimensions: 40.5 x 37.5 x 53 cm [15.9 x 14.8 x 20.9 in]
Minimum Access: 40.5 x 53 x 78 cm [15.9 x 20.9 x 30.7 in]
Product Weight: 17.5 kg [38.5 lbs]
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 (64-bit)+
Mac OS X 10.10+
Software Bundle: PreForm Software
PreForm requires 4GB RAM and OpenGL 2.1
Adaptive layer thickness for faster printing with fine details • Remote Print (not available on Form 2)
Auto-orient for optimal print position
Auto-generation of supports
Rotate, scale, duplicate, and mirror
Layer slicer for path inspection
Available in multiple languages
Supported File Types: .STL & .OBJ
2.5 A 50/60 Hz