HP DesignJet Z9+ 24in PostScript
Expect Nothing Less Than Perfection
Designed to deliver professional photo quality with fewer inks at high speeds, the HP DesignJet Z9 PostScript Printer Series prints 2.5 times faster without sacrificing quality. Its integrated vertical trimmer cuts post-processing time by up to 20%. And we help streamline your workflow with software solutions like HP Applications Center.
Innovative HP Technologies work in tandem to provide professional photo quality - without speed tradeoffs and with fewer inks.
Original HP Vivid Photo Inks are optimized to deliver amazing, professional quality prints on photo and specialty papers, and are designed to maximize the life of high-definition HP printheads. Chromatic red, blue, and green inks (RGB) enable an expanded color gamut with true neutral gray. HP Vivid Photo Inks provide water- and fade-resistant prints.
AMAZING - Deliver high quality with confidence
Produce professional photo-quality prints with smooth transitions using HP Pixel Control - no need for light inks with new high-definition HP printheads and dual drop technology. Achieve expanded gamut with RGB HP Vivid Photo Inks. Upgrade to get superior gloss uniformity.
FAST - Work without delays
Print 2.5 times faster, without losing quality with 2400 nozzle-per-inch high-definition printheads. Cut post-processing labor time up to 20% with the first printer to include an integrated vertical trimmer. Save time with dual roll support.
SIMPLE - New tools for you and your customer
Simplify your workflow. Easily design applications from posters to banners and canvas with the HP Applications Center. Use your current RIPs. Get remote visibility and control to better manage your print production environment with HP PrintOS.
|Model||HP DesignJet Z9+ 24-in PostScript Printer (W3Z71A)|
MODEL SIZE: 24 in
- Max print speed: 795 ft²/hr1 (73.9 m²/hr1) on plain media
- Color images: Normal: 1.5 min/page2 on A1/D or up to 228 ft²/hr1 (21.1 m²/hr1) on coated media Best: 8.1 min/page2 on A1/D or up to 40 ft²/hr1 (3.7 m²/hr1) on glossy media
- Print resolution: p to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
- Technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Margins: Roll: 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.2 in (borderless on select media and on all media when using V-Trimmer) (5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (borderless on select media3, and on all media when using V-Trimmer))
- Sheet: 0.2 x 0.67 x 0.2 x 0.2 in (5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm)
- Ink Types: Pigment-based
- Ink Cartridges: 9 (cyan, magenta, yellow matte black, photo black, chromatic red, chromatic green, chromatic blue, gray)
- Ink Drop: 7/3 pl dual-drop weight (M, C, PK, CB< G); 6 pl single-drop weight (Y, CR, MK, CG)
- Printheads: 5 universal printheads (valid for all colors)
- Color accuracy: Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000
- Short-term color stability: < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
- Long term print-to-print repeatability: Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000
- Maximum optical density: 4 L* min/2.5 D
- Handling: Single-roll: Roll feed, front sheet feed, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter; Dual-roll: Two automatic roll feeds, smart roll-switching, front sheet feed, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter and vertical trimmer (cuts all HP Z-series printer-qualified media, including most all canvas. Does not Support HP Adhesive media or canvas with hard stiff meses.)
- Sheet size: 24-in: 8.3 x 11 to 24 x 66 in; 44-in: 8.3 x 11 to 44 x 66 in; (24-in: 210 x 279 to 610 x 1676 mm; 44-in: 210 x 279 to 1118 x 1676 mm)
- Roll size: 24-in: 11 to 24-in; 44-in: 11 to 44-in; (24-in: 279 to 610-mm; 44-in: 279 to 1118-mm)
- Standard sheets: 24-in: A, B, C, D; 44-in: A, B, C, D, E; (24-in: A4, A3, A2, A1; 44-in: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0)
- Weight: Up to 500 g/m2
- Thickness: Up to 31.5 mil (Up to 0.8 mm)
- 128 GB (virtual); 500 GB self-encrypting hard disk
- Interfaces: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); USB Type-A host port
- Print languages (standard): Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL
- Mobile printing features: Direct print for mobile apps for iOS, Android and Chrome OS; email printing with HP ePrint and HP Smart app for iOS and Android
- Drivers: Raster and PostScript drivers for Windows and macOS; PDF driver for Windows
- HP Secure Boot, Whitelisting, Role Based Access Control, SNMPv3, HTTPS, Secure-IPP, IPsec/Firewall, Certificates management, 802.1X, TLS 1.0/1.1/1.2, HP Web Jetadmin compatible, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager compatible, Secure Disk erase (DoD 5220.22-M), Secure File erase, self-encrypted HDD, PIN printing.
DIMENSIONS (w x d x h)
- Printer: 50.9 x 27.4 x 39.3 in (1293 x 695 x 998 mm)
- Shipping: 56.7 x 30.2 x 28.3 in (1440 x 766 x 718 mm)
- Printer: 159 lb (72 kg)
- Shipping: 225 lb (102 kg)
- Printer drivers, HP Click, HP Web Jetadmin, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP DesignJet Utility including HP Color Center, HP Partner Link Pay-per-use, HP MPS
- Operating temperature: 41 to 104*F (5 to 40*C)
- Operating humidity: 20 to 80% RH
- Sound pressure: 42 dB(A) (operating); 33 dB(A) (idle); < 16 dB(A) (sleep)
- Sound power: 6.0 B(A) (operating); 5.1 B(A) (idle); <3.4 B(A) (sleep)
- Consumption: < 100 W (printing); < 32 W (ready); < 0.3 W (< 6.5 W with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep); 0.1 W (off)
- Requirements: Input voltage (autoranging): 100 – 240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 2 A max