SmartLF SG Series
Waste no time with Colortrac's innovative new SmartLF SG Series large format scanners. Our fastest ever CCD scanners are full high definition (HD) with 1200 dpi optical resolution and benefit from instant-on LED lights providing high productivity from the moment you power on, with no warm up required and no waiting around.
The seventh generation SmartLF SG ENERGY STAR® qualified 36 inch and 44 inch scanners combine a unique Colortrac designed bi-directional LED light system, a longer life and reduced environmental impact with the superior color imaging attributes of CCD.
SHARP AND ACCURATE – WITH SUPERB COLOR
The SmartLF SG Series 36″ and 44″ scanners are perfect for capturing sharply defined detail on technical drawings and maps as well as the vibrant, accurate colors needed by graphics professionals.
SmartLF SG Series large format scanners have all the advantages of CCD technology’s superior color imaging – the ability to scan a wide gamut (range of colours) and a high dynamic range (ability to see detail in dark and light areas) – combined with 1200 dpi optical resolution, the highest optical resolution available in any CCD wide format scanner in the market today. This makes them perfect for capturing vibrant, accurate colors for graphics professionals as well as sharply defined line detail on technical documents and maps.
SmartLF SG scanners use the advanced SureDrive paper transport system to maintain accurate document positioning as the document passes through the scanner. Combining this with the ClearView bright white bi-directional LED illumination system ensures that with SG even folded documents scan accurately and as shadow-free as possible.
Images are scanned using 48-bits (color) or 16-bits (monochrome), with the best 24 and 8-bits selected as image data respectively.
ALL THE BENEFITS OF CCD – WITHOUT THE DOWNSIDES
Traditional CCD scanners have superior color imaging but are disadvantaged by their fluorescent lighting systems. By using white LEDs instead of fluorescent tubes, the SmartLF SG is able to maximize the benefits of CCD while saving time and energy.
SIMPLIFIED THICK MEDIA SYSTEM
Thick media operation is now full-time on all SG Series scanners. To raise the lid and increase the thickness capability of the scanner raise the lever on the left-hand side of the scanner lid to its maximum position then load the document manually. Lower the lever to grip the media and begin scanning. All media must be loaded panel-side justified with SG/
NO WARM UP, NO WAITING
While a fluorescently lit scanner can be used within five minutes of switching on, it should really be left to warm up for about 30 minutes in order for the tubes to reach their optimum light intensity and for the tube temperature to reach equilibrium. If this is not done color match and possible stitch inaccuracies caused by a still cold chassis may result.
ClearView white LED illumination used in SmartLF SG produces high quality scans just like fluorescent illumination but unlike fluorescent tubes the color temperature from LEDs remains stable from first power-up to final power-down. No more waiting for warm-up to complete, simply turn SG scanners on and scan!
SIGNIFICANT POWER SAVING
SmartLF SG uses nearly 30% less power when scanning and 94% less power when idle. The scanner has a programmable timer that switches the unit into power saving (ENERGY STAR®) mode when it is not operated for the defined period.
In addition the ‘instant-on’ LED lighting inside every SG means that you can leave the scanner switched off most of the time and only turn it on when you need to use it.
LIGHT FOR LIFE
While you would normally expect to replace fluorescent tubes every year or two, LEDs are long life. Unlike fluorescent tubes, which stay on the whole time the scanner is switched on, LEDs only come on during the actual scanning process. They have an estimated working life of 50,000 hours which equates to over six years of constant 24/7 scanning!
Fluorescently lit scanners require more frequent calibration because the tubes age and change characteristics over their life. LEDs maintain consistent output and because of this maintenance is required far less frequently.
Unlike fluorescent tubes LEDs do not contain mercury, which makes them more environmentally friendly.
More cameras – more accuracy
The SmartLF SG has six CCDs across the scan width to minimize geometric distortion, more than any other similarly sized scanner.
Traditional CCD scanners are prone to stitch and accuracy issues caused by sensor misalignment. These are minimized in the SmartLF SG by housing the six CCDs within a rigid monocoque camera chassis.
Fast scanning speed
All models scan monochrome at 13 inches per second (200 dpi). If you need high volume color scanning, choose the express color e model which scans color at 8 inches per second (200 dpi).
Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
The SmartLF SG large format scanner is networkable – it has a Gigabit Ethernet connection as well as a USB2/USB3 connection. The Gigabit Ethernet port can transmit scan data between the scanner and the PC as fast as the USB3 port network traffic allowing. An Ethernet connection also allows placement of the scanner further from the host PC than when using a USB2 or USB3 connection.
(Requires SmartWorks Pro software, not included with scanner.)
With other wide format scanners operators often need to perform multiple pre-scans of selected image areas to get scan settings right. With the SmartLF SG large format scanner and SmartWorks Pro software scanning only needs to happen once. Once the scan data is on-screen thresholding and any image enhancements required on the scan such as sharpening or background clean-up can be made in real time.
Scan-it-once technology gives you a huge workflow advantage. You can perform quality assurance and adjustments in-line, “right-first-time”, instead of needing to re-scan quality control failures off-line after batch scanning is completed.
An additional advantage of scan-it-once technology is that it minimizes document movement (and possible wear) through the scanner and document skew caused by repeated back and forth “checking”.
INTELLIGENT ADAPTIVE THRESHOLDING (IAT)
IAT allows operators to create better quality scans of dirty documents very quickly by reacting automatically to a range of different background dirt intensities.
PRESERVES DELICATE ORIGINALS
The SmartLF SG SureDrive paper transport system applies the minimum force necessary for preserving delicate originals, while achieving the required traction and accuracy to ensure images are sharp and shadow free.
PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL SCAN AND COPYING SOFTWARE
SmartWorks Pro is available in two versions and either SmartWorks Pro SCAN or SmartWorks Pro SCAN & COPY must normally be purchased separately to use with this scanner . A trial version of the software operating exactly as the full version but watermarking every scan and copy is shipped with each SG scanner. Every SG scanner includes a basic Twain interface for use inside viewing certain applications designed to support Twain. See website for more details.
SIMPLE SCANNER CONTROL PANEL INTERFACE
The basic but effective scanner control panel has buttons to start and stop any scan or copy as well providing manual control over document movement.
PLUG ‘N’ PLAY USB2/USB3 AND ETHERNET INTERFACES
Simply plug the scanner into your PC and use it. When using Ethernet SmartWorks Pro software is designed to detect any SG scanner attached as the computer automatically and operates using DHCP networking protocol.
SmartLF SG requires minimal service and calibration. The utility software included with it provides you with all the maintenance applications you need to keep your large format scanner in prime condition and up-to-date with the latest firmware and drivers. The scan glass is held down by magnets for quick and easy removal or replacement and there is easy access to the SmartLF SG’s paper feed for cleaning.
SmartLF SG wide format scanner is RoHS compliant; energy efficient (it has earned the ENERGY STAR®); does not use consumable fluorescent lamps which contain mercury; uses recycle friendly components; and is optimized for quiet operation.
The SmartLF SG large format scanner is available in three models: m (monochrome), c (color) and e (enhanced color).
If your initial requirement is for a monochrome wide format scanner only, you can buy a monochrome scanner now and upgrade to color if and when you need it. If your initial requirement is for infrequent color scanning, you can buy a color wide format scanner now and upgrade to a faster enhanced color model should your color scanning volume increase.
You can upgrade your scanner quickly and easily, by email. There is no need for you to return the scanner to us or for a service engineer to call.
- 36in (91.4 cm) 44in (111.8 cm) 36in (91.4 cm) 44in (111.8 cm) 36in (91.4 cm) 44in (111.8 cm)
- 46in (116.9 cm)
- Linear interpolation from 100 to 9600dpi in 1 dpi steps
- Optical Resolution1200 dpi
- 6 x CCDs each with red, green, blue and gray sensor lines.
- 48-bit color image capture, 16-bit grayscale image capture, black & white (panchromatic full spectrum)
- Light Source2D long-life ClearView white LED light illumination system for optimum object illumination and instant-on scan availability
- 6 x micro lens with integral infra-red filter
- +/-0.1% +/-1 pixel
Max Image Length
- The maximum resolution & size (width & length) for a SmartWorks Pro image is limited by the file format specified, the available disk
- (Not limited by scanner)space and the computer operating system.
Data Capture (color/grayscale)
- 16-bit 48-bit / 16-bit 48-bit / 16-bit
- Adobe RGB, Profiled RGB, sRGB and RAW RGB
- 8-bit grayscale & mono
- 13 13 13 (in/sec) @200dpi
- 24-bit color
- n/a 4 8 (in/sec) @200dpi
- Face-down, Front entry, Rear exit, Side load
- USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 85MB/sec. Optimised USB2 transfer rates up to 35MB/sec.
- Gigabit Ethernet network-ready. 2m long USB2/USB3 and Gigabit Ethernet cables supplied
- Power requirements and consumptionExternal power supply 100~240VAC autosensing +/-10%, 50~60Hz
- Scanner power consumption 72W (scanning) / 2.5W (standby)
- 10oC – 35oC, 35% – 80% Relative Humidity non-condensing
Weight & Dimensions (WxHxD)
- Scanner: 112 lbs (51 kg) / 56 x 8 x 18 inches (143 x 21 x 45 cm)
- Packed: 123 lbs (56 kg) / 62 x 12 x 22 inches (157 x 31 x 57 cm)
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista – 32-bit and 64-bit architectures
- ENERGY STAR Qualified, UL/cUL, FCC, CB, CE, C-TICK, VCCI, PCT/EAC, CCC, RoHS
SmartWorks Pro scanning software (optional)
- Professional-level scan & copy software. Fully color-managed scan environment for ultimate color fidelity.
- Save to TIFF, multi-page TIFF, JPEG, PDF, multi-page PDF, PNG, AutoCAD DWF, BMP and PCX file formats.
- Adjustable filters for in-line scan processing or build your own interactively. Internal and Windows printer drivers.
- A Twain driver is included which provides basic control over scanner color mode, resolution and paper size setting.
- A compatible application is required – see web site for details.
- Floor Stand with included Paper Catch Basket – PC, Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse mounting kit
- Repro Stand (adjustable height to fit most popular large format printers). Includes Keyboard Tray, PC & Flat Screen Monitor
- Mounting Kit – Document Return Guide for front-feed, front-return capability