Formlabs Fuse 1
The Industrial Power of Selective Laser Sintering on Your Benchtop
See it in action. Schedule a virtual or in-person demo.
Bring production-ready nylon 3D printing onto your benchtop with an affordable, compact selective laser sintering (SLS) platform. The Fuse 1 delivers industrial power in a small footprint with effective powder containment and easy setup. From print setup to powder recovery, our easy-to-use hardware and software are designed to maximize your efficiency at every step of the process.
With final parts that combine strength, flexibility, and detail, Fuse 1 prints are ready for rigorous functional testing, or to ship ready-to-use products to customers.
The Fuse Sift is a safe, efficient powder recovery system for the Fuse 1 3D printer. This easy-to-use, all-in-one station combines part extraction, powder recovery, storage, and mixing in a single free-standing device, for the most functionality in a single device available on the SLS market.
- Compact, enclosed system: A negative air pressure system keeps powder inside while enabling open access and easy cleanup.
- Low waste: A 30% material refresh rate means you can print with up to 70% recycled powder, indefinitely. Fuse Sift’s sieve filters out particles to be remixed with new powder and reused in future prints.
- Automatic powder mixing: Fuse Sift will dispense and mix used and new powder automatically so you can reduce waste and control your powder supply.
- Nonstop printing: Reduce downtime by transferring modular build chambers and powder cartridges between the Fuse 1 and Fuse Sift for a nonstop, cyclical workflow.
- A complete toolkit: The Fuse Sift includes a set of finishing tools to help you clean excess powder from parts with ease.
Fuse 1 Build Chamber
Reduce downtime by transferring modular build chambers and powder cartridges between the Fuse 1 and Fuse Sift for a nonstop, cyclical workflow.
Each Fuse 1 includes one build chamber, compatible with the Fuse 1 and Fuse Sift. Keeping an extra build chamber in your toolkit allows you to run a new print as soon as a previous job is completed. After completing a print, remove the build chamber from the Fuse 1 and load it into the Fuse Sift for cooling, part extraction, and material reclamation.
Selective Laser Sintering
165 x 165 x 320 mm
10 mm / hour
Material Refresh Rate Startup Time
Up to 50 % 60 minutes
Ethernet or Wi-Fi
677 x 668 x 1059 mm
2 kW, 120 or 240 VAC
Fiber rated to > 10,000 hrs
Laser Spot Size (FWHM)
.STL or .OBJ
Nylon 12: Material Properties
AS PRINTED ON FUSE 1
Ultimate Tensile Strength (XY)
Ultimate Tensile Strength (Z)
Tensile Modulus (XY)
Tensile Modulus (Z)
Elongation at Break (XY)
Elongation at Break (Z)