Featuring Dual Extrusion and a Large 330 x 240 x 300 mm Build Volume
Trust the Ultimaker S5 to do its job while you do yours. Its advanced active bed leveling ensures a perfect first layer, glass doors control the airflow, and dual filament flow sensors will pause your print and notify you if you run out of material.
Bigger build volume
A build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8 inches) gives you more freedom to produce larger designs or print multiple parts on one build plate. So you can meet demand with maximum efficiency, with a 3D printer that fits comfortably on your desk.
Winner of a 2019 iF Design Award, the touchscreen interface simplifies every action with the Ultimaker S5. Step-by-step setup, navigation, and maintenance remove the need for training and deliver a hassle-free, intuitive 3D printing experience.
Office-friendly 3D printer, industrial-class results
Meet the easy-to-use desktop 3D printer with a large build volume that delivers accurate, industrial-grade parts, time and again. Built to run continuously and maximize uptime, Ultimaker S5 combines dual extrusion, advanced connectivity, and an open filament system - ready to make 3D printing accessible for even more applications, from rapid prototyping to creating on-demand tooling and end-use parts.
Scale up with powerful 3D printing
A large build volume for a desktop 3D printer lets your print bigger models, or put multiple parts on a single build plate so you can meet demand with maximum efficiency.
Reliability from first layer to finished part
Enhanced multi-point bed leveling ensures a perfect first layer by compensating for slight variations in build plate topography, and sensors monitor material flow while printing - so you can trust the S5 to do its job while you do yours.
Design freedom for even more applications
Print with a wide range of engineering materials and easy-to-remove support. Ultimaker's dual-extrusion technology enables designers and engineers to create complex geometries, for applications from prototyping to manufacturing aids and end-use parts.
Easy control at your fingertips
Touchscreen control, swappable print cores, and notifications to your desktop or the new Ultimaker app all help make operating the Ultimaker S5 easy, so there's no need for training. This is powerful 3D printing, without the hassle.
Reliability at scale
Every day, hundreds of thousands of engineers, designers, architects, and medical professionals around the world rely on Ultimaker 3D printers for their work. Ultimaker S5 takes this dependability and performance to the next level with a range of new and refined features.
Bigger build volume
A build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm is the biggest yet in a n Ultimaker 3D printer, but still fits comfortably on your desk. Thoroughly test printing profiles in our Ultimaker Cura software, smart printer features, and a new material option - Tough PLA - ensure great results and unparalleled ease of use even with large prints.
Enhanced first-layer adhesion
A quality 3D printed part is built on a good first layer, which needs a level bed. The Ultimaker S5 print head's capacitive sensor scans the build plate at multiple points and compensates for any tiny variations in its surface by adjusting the Z-axis height in your print's first layers, ensuring your print starts perfectly, time and again.
Improved printing environment
Glass doors help control airflow inside the printer for even better print quality and reliability, as well as providing added safety. A new anodized aluminum build plate also gives a more reliable printing experience for engineering materials and a more consistent surface finish on the base of your model. A glass plate is also included.
Filament flow sensor
Ultimaker S5 detects if you need to replenish filament during a print, pauses, and notifies you to add more material before resuming. The result? You can still finish a print even if you run out of material - and more successful prints means greater return on your investment, and increased efficiency.
Printer and printing properties
- Technology: Fused deposition modeling (FDM)
- Print head: Dual-extrusion head with an auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Build volume: XYZ: 330 x 240 x 300 mm (left or right nozzle, or dual extrusion)
- Filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Layer resolution:
- 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 - 60 micron
- 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 - 20 micron
- 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 - 20 micron
- XYZ accuracy: 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron
- Build speed: < <24 mm3/s
- Built plate:
- Heated glass build plate
- Heated aluminum build plate
- Build plate temperature: 20 - 140 *C
- Supported materials:
- Optimized for: PLA, Tough PLA, Nylon, ABS, CPE, CPE+, PC, TPU 95A, PP, PVA, Breakaway
- Also supports third-party materials
- Nozzle diameter: 0.25 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.8 mm
- Nozzle temperature: 180 - 280 *C
- Nozzle heat up time: <2 min
- Build plate heat up time: <4 min (from 20 to 60 *C)
- Operating sound: 50 dBA
- Power rating: 100 - 240 VAC 6 A 50 - 60 Hz, 500 W max
- Material recognition: Auto-recognition with NFC scanner
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LAN, USB port
- Monitoring: Live camera (view from desktop or app)
- Dimensions: 495 x 457 x 520 mm
- Dimensions (with bowden tubes and spool holder): 495 x 585 x 780 mm
- Net weight: 18 kg
- Shipping weight: 25 kg
- Shipping box dimensions: 650 x 600 x 700 mm
- Operating ambient temperature: 15 - 32 *C, 10 - 90& RH non-condensing
- Non-operating temperature: 0 - 32 *C
- Supplied software:
- Ultimaker Cura - free print preparation software
- Cura Connect - free printer management solution
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows and Linux
- File Types:
- Ultimaker Cura: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Printable formats: G, GCODE, GCODE.gz, UPF
- Warranty period: 12 months