Formlabs Form 3 Resin Tank V2.1
Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ 3D printing uses linear illumination and a flexible film tank to turn liquid resin into flawless parts. A key component of the LFS process, the strong dual-layer film at the bottom of the Form 3 Resin Tank allows for a dynamic and precise print process.
Resin tank lifetime
Resin tanks are consumables and require replacement. The lifetime of an individual resin tank depends on a combination of factors:
- Time exposed to resin (i.e., the amount of time that a tank is holding resin, regardless of where the tank is stored)
- Printed resin
- Model geometry
- Layers printed Temperature
We recommended that you replace a Form 3/Form 3B resin tank as soon as one of the following occurs:
- Wear on the film begins to affect print quality
- Punctures, cuts, or gouges in the film
- The tank reaches the end of its maximum recommended lifetime, as detailed below:
|Resin||Resin Tank V1||Resin Tank V2|
Grey Pro Resin
|Not compatible||10 weeks exposed to resin or 3 liters of printed resin, whichever occurs first|
|All other available resins||35 weeks exposed to resin or 5 liters of printed resin, whichever occurs first||35 weeks exposed to resin or 5 liters of printed resin, whichever occurs first|
Resin tank lifetime monitoring
Form 3/Form 3B printers (with firmware version 1.4.8 or newer) have software features to monitor how close a Resin Tank V2 is to the end of its maximum recommended lifetime. Tank lifetime monitoring for Resin Tank V1 will be added in a future firmware update. When a resin tank reaches certain levels of remaining lifetime, the printer will display a warning message when starting a print.
|Color||Remaining Lifetime||Printer Behavior|
|Green||100%-25%||Printer will not display any warning|
|Yellow||25%||Printer will display a warning when you start a print: Tank is nearing the end of its recommended lifetime and could begin leaking in the next few prints.|
|Red||0%||Printer will display a warning when you start a print: Tank has reached the end of its recommended lifetime and is likely to begin leaking, which will damage your printer. We recommend that you discard this tank immediately.|
Checking remaining lifetime
To check the remaining lifetime of a resin tank:
- Tap the printer icon on the printer’s touchscreen. The printer’s current status appears.
- If a Tank V2 is inserted, tap the section of the touchscreen labeled Tank V2 to go to the Tank Details screen.
- The Tank Details screen will report the remaining lifetime of your Tank V2.