The new scanning integration in Geomagic Freeform allows you to capture organic objects in all shapes and sizes with Artec's lightweight, portable and user-friendly 3D scanners directly into Geomagic Freeform, where you can immediately get up-close and personal with your 3D creations using the software's touch-based 3D sculpting, surfacing, design intent modeling, 3D scan processing, CAD interoperability and mold making tool.
Embrace the freedom and speed to create with Artec's lightweight, portable and user-friendly 3D scanners which exactly capture organic objects in all shapes and sizes.
Innovative Approach to Design
Break free from the limitations of traditional CAD workflow and bring your visions to life with advanced 3D scanning and Geomagic Freeform. Take full advantage of the software's comprehensive design and sculpting toolset that lets you sculpt, detail and turn virtual clay models into any form you desire. Don't lose touch with your work of art with the use of the advanced haptic device that lets the artist within you control the creative process completely. Capture any organic shape with Artec's 3D scanners and enjoy the hands on feel of the haptic device, letting you experience and sculpt your model as if it was done by hand with clay. Do even more with the extended toolset of Geomagic Freeform Plus, featuring advanced manufacturing design options, such as automatic conversion of digital clay and polygons to NURBS surfaces, mold and die design, shelling, draft analysis, as well as parting line and surface creation tools for complex organic shapes.
Add Organic Design to Traditional CAD
As a powerful 3D design software, it is purpose-built to seamlessly get your creation straight into production. It includes robust interoperability tools to handle the import and export of 3D file formats like STL, OBJ, PLY, IGES, STEP and other neutral formats. Freeform Plus supports additional CAD formats. Combine CAD files with sculpted features to create accurate organic solids that are defined by explicit dimensions.
Manufacturing Straight From Your Designs
With advanced tools, unavailable in most 3D design software, Geomagic Freeform Plus users can identify and correct any potential manufacturing issues quickly and effortlessly. Detecting these early and retaining full artistic control at the same time, users are guaranteed against costly oversights and unpleasant surprises during production. Pre-printing analysis, featuring powerful and thorough tools, lets you 3D print your design with confidence and get it right from the first time. You can also use Freeform data to quickly 3D print casting patterns for fast, accurate creation of investment casts. The powerful voxel technology allows you to export watertight models without using additional costly software for model fixing.
Easy 3D Communication
Users can have various clay models displayed from Geomagic Sculpt and Geomagic Freeform int eh stand-alone Freeform Viewer. Simple visualization, zoom, rotate, pan, measure and cutaway tools allow others to see the model without having to be proficient in the software.
Geomagic Freeform or Freeform Plus
- Voxel-based modeling
- Mesh conversion and boolean support
- Mesh modeling and editing toolset
- SubD surfacing, modeling
- SubD surface texturing
- StructureFX – LayerFX, CageFX, ShapeFX
- StructureFX – LatticFX
- Bend and twist tools
- Cage and lattice deform
- Advanced masking and selection tools
- Piece alignment and registration tools
- Full HD color rendering with KeyShot for 3D Systems
- Manual patterning of pieces onto surfaces or in free-space
- Automatic surfacing of clay or polygon models as NURBS surfaces
- Emboss a bitmap along curves
- 3D import of NURBS formats as mesh or clay
- 3D import of polygon formats (.stl, .obj, .ply, .xml, .zpr)
- 3D import of CAD neutral formats (.igs, .iges, .stp, .step)
- 2D import of graphics formats (import image to plane)
- 3D export of polygon and 3D print formats
- Direct scanning with Artec handheld scanners
- 3D printability analysis
- Integration with 3DSprint
- Independent clay file viewer
Freeform Plus features:
- ALL Freeform features PLUS:
- Conversion of SubD to NURBS
- CAD solids and surface tools
- Complex draft analysis
- Complex draft correction
- Automated mold parting line function
- 3D import of NURBS formats as NURBS
- 3D import of CAD native formats (.x_b, .x_t, .sldprt)
- Batch and background reduce and export
- Wrap for Freeform